“Now on the last and most important day of the feast, Jesus stood and called out [in a loud voice], “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink! He who believes in Me [who adheres to, trusts in, and relies on Me], as the Scripture has said, ‘From his innermost being will flow continually rivers of living water.’” But He was speaking of the [Holy] Spirit, whom those who believed in Him [as Savior] were to receive afterward. The Spirit had not yet been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified (raised to honor).”..JOHN 7:37-39 AMP
Jesus “was speaking of the Holy Spirit whom those who believed in Him as Savior were to receive”. WHOM – The Person of the Holy Spirit.
Do you believer in Jesus Christ as Savior? Then we bless the Lord for your salvation! BUT, have you received the Person of the Holy Ghost, as Jesus said you would?
Do you even know about Him? Many did not then during the formation of the early Church soon after Jesus’ ascension and many still do not know about Him today. But then, that should not surprise us because Jesus did predict this would be the case….
– “the Spirit of Truth, whom the world cannot receive [and take to its heart] because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He (the Holy Spirit) remains with you continually and will be in you.”…JOHN 14:17 AMP
However, those who have received the Person of the Holy Ghost know that He is here and dwells in us. Because the Holy Ghost’s omnipresence is the only way to have a relationship with the triune God Father and Son who are in Heaven and the Spirit here on earth. That is why Jesus stressed the importance of sending the Holy Spirit to walk with us here on earth ….
– “And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor–Counselor, Strengthener, Standby), to be with you forever–”..JOHN 14:16 AMP
– ““I will not leave you as orphans [comfortless, bereaved, and helpless]; I will come [back] to you. After a little while the world will no longer see Me, but you will see Me; because I live, you will live also. On that day [when that time comes] you will know for yourselves that I am in My Father, and you are in Me, and I am in you.”….JOHN 14:18-20 AMP
– “But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor–Counselor, Strengthener, Standby) will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him (the Holy Spirit) to you [to be in close fellowship with you].”….JOHN 16:7 AMP
In separate scripture Jesus said if we love Him, the Father will love us and they will come and make their abode in us, *get this* the two, but in UNION, all three including the third person of the Holy Spirit Whom the Father would allow and send, as Jesus promised…
– “Jesus answered, “If anyone [really] loves Me, he will keep My word (teaching); and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our dwelling place with him.”…. JOHN 14:23 AMP
After Jesus’ ascension, the apostles who went around spreading the Gospel encountered many who HAD BELIEVED, but were NOT aware, as Jesus’ statement in opening scripture states, that they would receive the Person of the Holy Ghost through faith to dwell in them, unifying them with the Trinity for complete fellowship with God….
– “It happened that while Apollos was in Corinth, Paul went through the upper [inland] districts and came down to Ephesus, and found some disciples. He asked them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed [in Jesus as the Christ]?” And they said, “No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit.”…. ACTS 19:1-2 AMP
Like Apostle Paul, if I may ask, have you believed in Jesus Christ as your Savior? Yes? We bless the Lord for your salvation! But, have you received the Holy Spirit? The world may not see Him but you will know He is there like Jesus said, because He will dwell in you. He will facilitate Jesus Christ to be Lord over your life by walking with you teaching and transforming you into the life of holiness, through the Word…
– “Though the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of oppression, yet your Teacher will no longer hide Himself, but your eyes will [constantly] see your Teacher. Your ears will hear a word behind you, “This is the way, walk in it,” whenever you turn to the right or to the left.”..ISAIAH 30:20-21 AMP
– “But when He, the Spirit of Truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth [full and complete truth]. For He will not speak on His own initiative, but He will speak whatever He hears [from the Father–the message regarding the Son], and He will disclose to you what is to come [in the future]. He will glorify and honor Me, because He (the Holy Spirit) will take from what is Mine and will disclose it to you.”…JOHN 16:13-14 AMP
Prayer: Heavenly Father we come before you in total reverence in the Spirit through Jesus Christ our High Priest sitting at your right hand. Hallowed be thy holy name. How we cherish the privilege to be in your Holy presence. We ask LORD that you forgive us all our sins, known and unknown. Cleanse us in your precious blood O precious Lamb of God so we may approach the throne in full confidence and boldness as your children Abba Father. Help us in our weakness to pray the will of Father O Great Comforter. What a privilege to be in union and fellowship with you LORD we do not take it for granted. We give thanks for everything. May your perfect will prevail in our lives, now and forever in Jesus name Amen.
JESUS IS THE CENTRE
GOSPEL TEACHING LIFE CHURCH