“On the last and greatest day of the festival, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, “Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.” By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified.”…John 7:37-39 NIV
Jesus calling out to the thirsty. As we have read above, He indeed was glorified after His death and resurrection as per witnesses record in scripture..
– “Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”…Matthew 28:18-20 NIV
As promised in opening scripture, Jesus said, those who believe will receive the Holy Ghost after His glorification. Above Jesus confirms His glorification and gives disciples and those who believe the authority to go follow in His foot steps, making disciples of all nations.
And now we His [Messiah Jesus Christ] Church, which he set up built upon the foundation of the disciples [later turned apostles] and those disciples they made then, trailing in into today and up until the Gospel has been spread to all nations, ushering in His return….
– “And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.” Then he ordered his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Messiah.”…. Matthew 16:18-20 NIV
..continue to call out COME, those of you who are thirsty, come and drink the water of life, the Fountain of Living Water flows…
– “The [Holy] Spirit and the bride (the church, believers) say, “Come.” And let the one who hears say, “Come.” And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who wishes take and drink the water of life without cost.”…REVELATION 22:17 AMP
Come and drink, this water that you will never thirst again…
– “Jesus answered her, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again. But whoever drinks the water that I give him will never be thirsty again. But the water that I give him will become in him a spring of water [satisfying his thirst for God] welling up [continually flowing, bubbling within him] to eternal life.””….JOHN 4:13-14 AMP
And eternal life…
– “Now this is eternal life: that they may know You, the only true [supreme and sovereign] God, and [in the same manner know] Jesus [as the] Christ whom You have sent.”….JOHN 17:3 AMP
In the name of the Father Son and the Holy Spirit, Amen
JESUS IS THE CENTRE
GOSPEL TEACHING LIFE CHURCH